[Coco] The BIGGEST PROBLEM with (So-Called) NEW CoCo Hardware...

Allen Huffman alsplace at pobox.com
Sun Mar 5 11:33:00 EST 2017

On Mar 5, 2017, at 10:21 AM, Dave Philipsen <dave at davebiz.com> wrote:

> You are kidding about the boot time on the Pi being slow, right?  My Pi boots faster than my Windows 7 computer! I think if you worked at it you could trim some of the unnecessary junk and get the Pi to boot even faster (maybe under 10 seconds).

I wonder how fast a dedicated device could boot? I have four Pis, and all seem to take 30-45 to boot using Raspberrian. Its a problem because we wanted to use them for a ticketing system, but when power would glitch, as it often did out there, they didn't want to hold the line for that long waiting for the system to boot. Haha.