[Coco] Bitbanger code? (Drivewire?)

Darren A mechacoco at gmail.com
Thu Mar 2 10:51:38 EST 2017

On Thu, Mar 2, 2017 at 7:27 AM, Allen Huffman wrote:

> I am doing some testing with the bitbanger (write only) but setting the
> baud with the POKE and then doing...
>
> PRINT#-2,CHR$(&HFF);CHR$(&HF0);
>
> ...or whatever to send the control bytes.
>
> Since Drivewire can go so much faster, I assume there are some much better
> bitbanging routines available. Does anyone here know much about this? I am
> curious if they could be lifted just to make a simple "send X bytes" type
> routine.
>
> I know for input, an assembly routine would be required no matter what,
> but currently, my device is just something I send instructions to.

The drivewire bit banging routines are in the NitrOS9 source code:

<
https://sourceforge.net/p/nitros9/code/ci/default/tree/level1/modules/dwwrite.asm

<
https://sourceforge.net/p/nitros9/code/ci/default/tree/level1/modules/dwread.asm

 Note that each file contains multiple versions (38400, 57600/115K 6809,
6309, Becker port and Arduino).

- Darren