[Coco] Extended BASIC Helper Utilities

Arthur Flexser flexser at fiu.edu
Wed Mar 1 22:38:42 EST 2017

I hesitate to plug my own product (now available free in the list
database), but I know of no better enhanced editing environment for BASIC
on the CoCo 3 than that provided by Extended ADOS-3 along with ADOS-3.
ADOS-3 can be run from disk, and allows you to use the arrow keys to move
up and down in your program, with right arrow putting you into edit mode
when you reach the line you want to edit. You can also edit the last
direct-mode command.  Extended ADOS-3, which must be burned into a 16K
EPROM along with ADOS-3, adds key repeat, which allows you to move right or
left by holding down the spacebar or left arrow, and the ability to block
move or copy ranges of lines.  The effect is to combine the best features
of line editing and screen editing, in my biased opinion.

(There are many other features as well, not pertaining to editing.)

Art