[Coco] CoCo SDC weirdness

Tim Fadden t.fadden at cox.net
Wed Mar 1 14:47:32 EST 2017

Don't get me wrong, this is not a complaint, I love me sdc cards.

I have been having the following symptoms/features?

I have two scsi drives attached, and use the floppy do boot into
nitros9, and the scisi is the /dd device.
This works, and I can use the floppies, SDC, and drivewire.

So I was thinking it would be nice to be able to boot off of the sdc
card the same way.
I took a 40tk nitros9 dsk image and used deldir to clean off the files.
Then I used the custom build script/bootlists minus the format sdc
doesn't like that. :-)
Ok, the sdc dsk image gets created with no problem, and I am able to
boot from it.

It changes over to the /dd (scsi partition) I can access the scsi, sdc
and drivewire.  But when trying
to access the floppies it accesses the sdc instead.  taking a look at
the device descriptors of
/do and /sd0 everything looks correct.

Perhaps it is because the sdc card never had a "drive 0,off" command?
Is there a way do do this via the notros9 sdc, sdrive, or sdir command?

It seems that using the sdc command causes the floppies to revert to the
sdc card also.

do you think this is a bug/feature, or am I doing something wrong?

Thanks

P.S. I am getting this pretty well working 100%  this about the last
snag for the stock coco3 :-)
Now to fix my Disto Super II controller and get my other two
repack-coco3's up and running.

--
Tim Fadden
"Hey Schmidt, don't forget about the six P's.