[Coco] MysticBBS

Salvador Garcia salvadorgarciav at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 27 10:53:19 EDT 2017

There is nothing wrong with this thread. Do not attempt to adjust it. I am digressing wildly.

My apologies for high jacking the thread, but I could not resist:

"Its worked well for 19 years of a linux only environment here.  I'm sorta anti-winders here as I'm sure you've noted. Its a script kiddy and virus
magnet. A whole industry has grown up trying to make windows secure. It
is gradually getting there, ... "

19 years! That is outstanding! I think that I have been wanting to get into Linux for that long. I still remember getting those paper catalogs (in the mail) from CDROM. promoting Slackware and other titles. I've tinkered with Mint, CentOS, Ubuntu, Mandrake, SUSE, and of course Raspian, but I have never been able to break the wall. For better or for worse, all of my professional career has been inundated with Winders.

One thing about Winders that leaves me in awe, and not in a good way, is that versions come and go and MS keeps sending updates to patch security risks. You say "gradually getting there", but I think that it is in geological time, because so far, 2000, XP, Vista, and soon 7 will have come and gone and they got security patches their entire life  From where I am sitting, I don't see MS getting anywhere near having a secure system. Perhaps older versions were justified, but they should have gotten their act together from 8.x to the present.

To close, I'll leave you all with this cartoon. To get a chuckle out of it, you need to be familiar with the characters from Guardians of the Galaxy:

http://imgur.com/IxeXZlc

We now return control of this thread to you, until next time, at the same time when this CoCoNut will take you to... The CoCo Outer Limits.

Salvador