[Coco] Rs232 Pack

Taylor, Phillip L CIV Phillip.L.Taylor at uscg.mil
Tue Jun 27 10:26:20 EDT 2017

This is respond to my message in reference to the RS232 Pack. I have developed several applications using The VB.Net Winsock Controls that offers events that handle the data and connections. The events for example handles on new connection ect.. Question why is not possible to add function in drivewire like a check box and allow the user to specify one port that would handle all the data being received and sent to the Rs232 Pack on the Coco? It seems that a project name Netserial allows the user to specify the port speed refer web site http://pcmicro.com/netserial/guide/#Using a Virtual COM port as a Virtual Modem?

For example if the Rs232 pack support was added to drive wire and box option was checked using the winsock controls should only allow up to one connection. If any other additional connections where detected a message would be displayed telling them that the system is currently busy as it was done Commodore redirecting the port to the Commodore 64 & 128 bbs projects?