[Coco] Rs232 pack

Gene Heskett gheskett at shentel.net
Mon Jun 26 16:25:04 EDT 2017

On Monday 26 June 2017 10:35:15 Taylor, Phillip L CIV wrote:

> A while back ago I posted a message asking the question about using
> the Rs232 pack with Drivewire. The reason why the question was asked
> is I need the Rs232 pack so that we can bring old bbs systems like
> Ribbs BBS. It would be nice to have a different type of network of
> Coco's on the internet.

A Large Part of the reason you got the answer you did, is that the rs232
pack would be quite a step backwards in speed. The bitbanger can run at
115k on a coco3, but the rs-232 pack needs hardware hacking to reach
half that, and isn't really comfortable at 19200 baud with normal
drivers.

So use dw to hook the coco to the pc, and let the far better equiped pc
handle the tcp details.

Cheers, Gene Heskett
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)