[Coco] Glenside CoCo~123 newsletter

John W. Linville linville at tuxdriver.com
Wed Jun 21 14:19:55 EDT 2017

Thanks, Steve!

I tend to agree with your analysis, but not everyone accepts that
explanation. Some believed that the 25th anniversary was the big draw,
others still seem to believe there was some big influx of non-CoCo
Tandy folks there this year. I don't see either of those, but maybe...

Anyway, promoting CoCoFEST! was the main original motivator for The
CoCo Crew Podcast. In the two+ years that have followed, we have had
some emotional ups and downs -- both cheers and kudos from fans and
new community members, and disappointing comments from some in the
community that seemed to view ignoring the podcast as some sort of
badge of honor. Nevertheless, we kept doing the show, and more people
attended in each of the last two years. During that same time, we
have continued to see more and more new development in the CoCo world.

The community is stronger now than it has been in literally decades. In
the end, that is the part that matters. So, everyone go back to doing
your CoCo thing...

CoCo Forever!

John