[Coco] I need a joystick or two

Mark McDougall msmcdoug at iinet.net.au
Wed Jun 21 00:21:06 EDT 2017

On 21/06/2017 12:09 PM, Glen Hewlett wrote:

> I bought a joystick at the last CoCo fest but it turned out to be
> defective.  I need a joystick to program and test joystick operation
> in my Pac Man game.  The game works great with the keyboard but
> Pacman should definitely have the option to use a joystick.

Yeah I've tended to avoid the 'fest in the past mostly because of the
dodgy people that frequent it and try to pass off defective hardware to
other unsuspecting attendees! :P

For a game like Pacman, I would strongly recommend you pick up a Sega
adapter from Neil to use a digital joystick or gamepad. Aside from
giving you infinitely more options, you have the possibility of using
arcade-quality joysticks and/or specifically 4-way joysticks/modes which
can improve gameplay on a game like Pacman significantly.

Regards,

--
Mark McDougall
<http://retroports.blogspot.com.au>