[Coco] CB, ECB, DECB, & SECB

Dave Philipsen dave at davebiz.com
Sat Jun 10 03:04:43 EDT 2017

> On Jun 10, 2017, at 1:53 AM, Arthur Flexser <flexser at fiu.edu> wrote:
>
> SECB, as far as I know, did not do any patching of Disk Basic, unless you
> count changing the version number on the startup screen from 1.x to 2.x.
> SECB is perfectly happy to run without a disk controller, and hence without
> DIsk Basic.

And adding Microware's name to the copyright message...   LOL

> Incidentally, only Disk Basic 1.1 (2.1), and not Disk Basic 1.0 (2.0)
> contained the DOS command.  Under 1.0, you had to boot OS-9 using a Basic
> program contained on the diskette.

Ah, ok.  I must have missed out on the Disk 1.0 ROM altogether.  I bought Level 1 in, I think, 1982 and I must have bought a newer controller too because I was booting OS9 from the get go with 'DOS'.  Although I do remember one of the first things I did to my original disk controller was to modify it with a 28-pin EPROM so perhaps I 'upgraded' to 1.1 without knowing it!

Dave