[Coco] CB, ECB, DECB, & SECB

Dave Philipsen dave at davebiz.com
Sat Jun 10 02:43:04 EDT 2017

> On Jun 10, 2017, at 12:42 AM, Wayne Campbell <asa.rand at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> If I have it correctly:
>
> CB = Color Basic by Microsoft
> ECB = Extended Color Basic by Microsoft) OS-9 had to be launched by running
> a file on the OS-9 boot floppy

Don't think you could run OS9 from ECB since a disk controller was required and then you would have had DECB which came with the disk controller.

> SCB = Super Ciolor Basic by Microsoft and Microware (CoCo 3 only, and has
> DOS command for launching OS-9)

I believe the DOS command is part of DECB and that's how we booted OS9 Level 1 on the CoCo 1 & 2.  I also think that SECB was probably written solely by Microware and it patched the existing CB, ECB, DECB ROMs and added some extensions.

Dave