[Coco] MAME

Tormod Volden lists.tormod at gmail.com
Tue Jun 6 17:27:05 EDT 2017

I just tested out Mame and I get the machine (tried Dragon) running
with floppy drive and everything, but how can I swap the CPU to 6309?
I want to give the debugger a spin on nitros9 bugs :)

For those on Ubuntu/Debian or their derivatives, a little howto from
what I learned today:
The Mame or Mess packages in Ubuntu 14.04 have one major flaw: The
debugger is not working. I located a PPA that have fresh, unofficial
builds (at version 0.185 now) where the debugger was working. Things
are a bit flaky though, if anyone knows about better builds, please
let me know.

Complete commands:

sudo add-apt-repository ppa:c.falco/mame
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install mame

mkdir -p ~/mame/roms/dragon32
cp your-dragon32-rom  ~/mame/roms/dragon32/d32.rom

mame dragon32 -debug
(Insert-key Tab to get menu)

Regards,
Tormod