[Coco] VCC - Becker Module (Was: Basic09 6309 version)

Bill Pierce ooogalapasooo at aol.com
Tue Jun 6 04:52:40 EDT 2017

James, that's one of the MANY reasons we moved away from VS6 to start with. There are so many things that are unsupported in VS6 and available with single cmds in VS2015. VS6 just can't handle things well for win7-10 targets, whereas in vs2015, we can target Winxp and up. When we started trying to update VCC, it was due to people having many problems in win10 which was resolved by just moving it to vs2015 with almost no changes. VS6 is no longer available in any form making it impossible for future developers to pick up were ever we leave off. There's only a handfull of people who even have the old VS6 compilers. Moving to modern developmant systems keeps the project moving forward.

Bill Pierce

Co-Contributor, Co-Editor for CocoPedia

E-Mail: ooogalapasooo at aol.com