[Coco] ZBUG

Dave Philipsen dave at davebiz.com
Tue Jun 6 00:34:52 EDT 2017

This is just a personal opinion but I played around with the debugger built into EDTASM many years ago when I first acquired the program pak.  I've also played around with a few debuggers over the years.  And I've had some real head-scratchers at times too.  But for me, I always seem to get the problem figured out by writing a little custom debug code into my program.  A lot of times I'll use an assembler conditional or a flag in the program that turns on my debug mode.  I may write a little subroutine that, when called, does a dump of all of the registers and displays their contents or something like that.  It always seems  to be easier than trying to run a debugger.  And usually it's just something simple like the use of the wrong addressing mode or the stack is not restored correctly or something like that.

Dave