[Coco] NitrOS-9 build kit for Windows

Tormod Volden lists.tormod at gmail.com
Mon Jun 5 12:13:56 EDT 2017

On Mon, Jun 5, 2017 at 5:47 PM, Wayne Campbell wrote:
> Thank you Tormod and Bill for this. Unfortunately, I have to report a
> problem. My Windows 10 system created my user folder as Wayne Campbell.
> When I run the make dsk PORTS=coco3 command I get the following:
>
> make dsk PORTS=coco3
> *              THE NITROS-9 PROJECT              *
> make -C /c/Users/Wayne && make -C Campbell/nitros9/lib && make -C
> /c/Users/Wayne && make -C Campbell/nitros9/level2 && :
> make[1]: *** /c/Users/Wayne: No such file or directory.  Stop.
> make: *** [makefile:33: all] Error 2

Hi Wayne,

Create a directory somewhere else, without any spaces, like
"C:\nitros9" and do everything there instead. Start with "cd
/c/nitros9" in that case. The problem you are seeing is not the
installer's fault but a limitation of our NitrOS-9 build system. GNU
make doesn't really like spaces in file names.

> How do I change this so it will use Wayne Campbell instead of Wayne in one
> place and Campbell in the other? Also, I use TextPad as my default editor.
> How do I get this setup to recognize TextPad instead of Notepad++?

Customize /etc/profile.d/nitros9.sh to your liking. But why not
install Notepad++ :)

Regards,
Tormod