[Coco] Fwd: Re: Fwd: Re: Disto Super II controller repair

Tim Fadden t.fadden at cox.net
Thu Jun 1 20:18:23 EDT 2017

-------- Forwarded Message --------
Subject: 	Re: [Coco] Fwd: Re: Disto Super II controller repair
Date: 	Thu, 1 Jun 2017 20:13:38 -0400
From: 	Bruce W. Calkins <brucewcalkins at charter.net>
To: 	Tim Fadden <t.fadden at cox.net>

I have not had to go any deeper into disk controller repair. However
given the symptoms and that disk head movement signals for both
directions go through the 7416/7406s, double check your repair and try
another pair of chips?  Tony did publish a set of schematics for most of
his products, however there were a number of "inaccuracies."  I will
look in my files and try to find it.

That's a possibility, like it's getting the signal to go one way, but
not the other........  I have the schematics, although none of them are
exactly the same as my board.  That part of it is the same though.  If I
can figure it out! ha ha ha

Bruce W.