[Coco] Colour Video playback on a CoCo 1 with Ed Snider's new player

James C. Hrubik jimhrubik at earthlink.net
Sat Jul 29 11:01:23 EDT 2017

Good reaason to snip posts.  Tim’s reply to Gene appears to have transposed Glen’s message into Gene’s.

FWIW, YouTube does not seem to like Adblocker and Ghostery in FF.  There is a constant battle going on there.  YouTube wants you to watch its ads, and even if you didn’t sign up for any revenue sharing, it seems to think it can use anybody’s video for monitization.

On Jul 29, 2017, at 10:07 AM, tim franklinlabs.com <tim at franklinlabs.com> wrote:

>   I've been getting that allot lately. Not just these videos. FF or
>   youtube changed something. They fixed it... Now it doesn't work.
>
>     On July 28, 2017 at 10:47 PM Gene Heskett <gheskett at shentel.net>
>     wrote:
>
>     On Friday 28 July 2017 22:05:58 Glen Hewlett wrote:
>
>     Am I the only one who couldn't watch those 2 videos? Firefox claimed
>     it
>     had no compatible player.
>
>     Hi Ed and Steve,
>
>     I totally agree the CoCo community is fantastic! It's so cool how we
>     can still keep pushing the limits of our CoCo. I've been having so
>     much fun working on this project. It combines all the things I
>     enjoy.
>     Audio/Video stuff, BASH scripting, a little C coding (I don't do
>     well
>     with big C projects) but little programs are cool. Of course it's
>     all
>     to see the CoCo play colour movies. After all it is the TRS-80
>     "Color" computer, we have to make sure it can live up to it's name
>     :)
>
>     Cheers,
>     Glen
>
>     --
>
>     Cheers, Gene Heskett
>     --
>     "There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty:
>     soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order."
>     -Ed Howdershelt (Author)
>     Genes Web page <http://geneslinuxbox.net:6309/gene>

The ability to make oneself heard
is not the same thing as having