[Coco] FPGA VS Software Emulators

RETRO Innovations go4retro at go4retro.com
Thu Jul 27 14:11:35 EDT 2017

On 7/27/2017 12:13 PM, Steve Strowbridge wrote:
> Going to throw out the question one last time before I move on, but I need
> to lock in a topic for this weeks' show and love to have some of the juicy
> bits we've been talking about here part of a verbal discussion for a global
> audience, is anybody interested in joining this week's CoCo TALK to discuss
> hardware and software emulation, FPGA, DEC/NANO CoCo implementations, etc?
>
> Need to hear from you via email and get you added as a Skype contact ahead
> of time, and would also like to do at least Skype test with interested
> parties before going live.
>
> My email is ogStevieStrow at gmail.com my Skype ID is ogStevieStrow, if I
> don't get any confirmations by Friday, I'll move on.

It's a great topic, but I thought this week was OS/9 part II.  I assumed
people were already gearing up for a different topic.

That said, I am happy to help, I have 2 webcams, a camcorder that can be
routed through a digitizer to the pc, and a microscope that can be
pulled into skype to show boards and such.  And, I think I can show
Xilinx ISE on my screen and write some Verilog.  Ed Snider might have a
similar setup he can offer, or Mark McDougal (I know that's wrong, but
can't see his name in my inbox right now).

I cannot show an FPGA right now (I can, but there's little more to show,
it's a bigger chip, but the tools are the same, and my dev board is in
use and not easy to demo right now)

Jim