[Coco] Somewhat OT: Win10 email client

Joel Rees joel.rees at gmail.com
Mon Jul 24 18:45:15 EDT 2017

On Tue, Jul 25, 2017 at 6:39 AM, James Ross <jrosslist at outlook.com> wrote:
> Possibly Claws Mail?
>
> http://www.claws-mail.org/win32/
>
> Disclaimer: I have NOT tried it – it might be garbage, but looking it over, it looks like it *may* have the features you are looking for?
>
> * Multiple MH folder support (MH Mailbox Format)
> * Mbox import/export (from what a read Eudora used one of the Mbox formats)
> * AttRemover plugin: Allows removing attachments from received emails.
>
> I am planing on dumping Microsoft Outlook one of these days for an open source solution and this one looks like a possible candidate (along w/ .
>
> James

I've only used claws a little bit on MSWindows, but I have used sylpheed,
which is the project claws is a fork of, extensively in the past. I'd probably
be using it now, if Google weren't being a bit backwards about the way
they handle TLS connections.

The way all the ecmascript in the webmail client is so heavy that it's hard
to type even this much of a message, I'm going to be figuring out the
problems again.

--
Joel Rees

One of these days I'll get someone to pay me
to design a language that combines the best of Forth and C.
Then I'll be able to leap wide instruction sets with a single #ifdef,
run faster than a speeding infinite loop with a #define,
and stop all integer size bugs with my bare cast.
http://defining-computers.blogspot.com/2017/06/reinventing-computers.html

More of my delusions:
http://reiisi.blogspot.com/2017/05/do-not-pay-modern-danegeld-ransomware.html
http://reiisi.blogspot.jp/p/novels-i-am-writing.html