[Coco] An OFF THE WALL question..........

David Ladd davidwladd at gmail.com
Thu Jul 20 22:04:59 EDT 2017

Joe,

There are a few things you have to take into account when you are using a
OTG cable on a Smart Phone or Tablet that support OTG.

1) Power draw.  In most cases you will need to use a splitter cable that
will take the power from a external source for the HDD.

2) What file system is the external HDD in?  Smart Phones and Tablet's that
support OTG for use with like flash drives will work with HDD's, but you
need to make sure the HDD is at least FAT32 and if the version of Android
on that tablet supports exFAT then you should use exFAT.  The Android
Phones and Tablets that I have had access to will not read NTFS, HPFS, or
ext2,3,4 formatted disks.

| David Ladd a.k.a. PacoOtaktay a.k.a. Drencor                          |
| YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/user/PacoOtaktay                      |
| YouTube Gaming Live: https://gaming.youtube.com/user/PacoOtaktay/live |
| Websites: http://dwladd.com     &     http://www.theterrorzone.com    |
| G+:  https://plus.google.com/113262444659438038657                    |
| G+:  https://plus.google.com/+DavidLaddPacoOtaktay                    |
| Do you have your CoCo 3 yet?                                          |