[Coco] CoCoFEST! is coming... Re: CoCoFEST! call for presentations!

RETRO Innovations go4retro at go4retro.com
Tue Jan 31 20:56:12 EST 2017

On 1/31/2017 7:37 PM, Mark McDougall wrote:

> Cross-pollination is always good in the retro world!
I am enjoying it.  I picked up a Coco3 at VCF-MW a few years back (a
bundle deal with a TI 99/4A and PEB), but it sat on the shelf for almost
a year.  I finally realized that either I needed to force myself to use
it, or sell it.  As I wanted to learn it, I decided to do something
hardware related, so I could learn about the machine.

As I learn more about the HW setups of the various platforms, I
appreciate different things about each one.
> Although I never owned a Commodore myself, a good friend had a C64.
> These days I own a VIC-20 and C64(C) and a drive or two. I've dabbled
> with FPGA emulation and actually implemented a 1541 in an FPGA which
> could read a G64 disk image from SD card. Even hooked it up to a
> physical C64, as well as the C64 emulation running inside the same FPGA.
Ooh, is the emulation open source?

Jim