[Coco] CoCoFEST! is coming... Re: CoCoFEST! call for presentations!

Mark McDougall msmcdoug at iinet.net.au
Tue Jan 31 20:37:44 EST 2017

On 1/02/2017 12:11 PM, RETRO Innovations wrote:

> Your statement is inconclusive as to how you feel about this new fact.
> "Bummer, it's the same guy", or "Wow, it's the same guy" both follow
> from your statement :-)

I guess you'll never know... ;)

Cross-pollination is always good in the retro world! I have (rather low
profile) hooks in all aspects of retro computing/gaming, across arcade,
console and 8/16-bit microcomputers, and dabble in hardware and software
for a few of them! :)

Coco is, of course, one of my nostalgic favourites considering I
actually owned one back in the day. Ditto for TRS-80 Model I & Amiga.
And good to see the Coco scene come alive in recent years, that has been
the impetus for my recent Coco-based projects. Without an active
community, it pretty pointless doing much development...

Although I never owned a Commodore myself, a good friend had a C64.
These days I own a VIC-20 and C64(C) and a drive or two. I've dabbled
with FPGA emulation and actually implemented a 1541 in an FPGA which
could read a G64 disk image from SD card. Even hooked it up to a
physical C64, as well as the C64 emulation running inside the same FPGA.

That's about the extent of my C64 experience. One day I want to port a
game to it, much like my Coco ports, although the 6502/6510 isn't my
favourite processor... maybe I'll port a C64 game to another machine
first... :P

Regards,

--
Mark McDougall