[Coco] Generic VGA adapter

Glen Hewlett glen.hewlett at sympatico.ca
Tue Jan 24 14:43:21 EST 2017

Hi Steve,

Are you sure you have the RGB leads to the correct pins on the CoCo 3?  I had them completely backwards at first.  At first I used the info from this picture:
http://www.oocities.org/theother_bob/cocofaq/cocorgb.gif <http://www.oocities.org/theother_bob/cocofaq/cocorgb.gif>

I thought it was a diagram of the bottom of the CoCo3 but it’s the connector’s pins so I had the pins completely wrong.  I found this out by having everything hooked up except the RGB wires to the SCART connector.  Then I tried plugging my SCARt red lead to different pins on the CoCo (I first thought my CoCO 3 was defective) then I found out I was getting my signals from pins 5,7 & 8 from the picture I linked above.  That when I realized I had it all backwards.  You might be using a better picture or know the correct pins, I just thought I’d let you know what I did and maybe you were seeing the same thing.

Cheers,
Glen

Ps
Just so you know this is a picture of the motherboard and you can see the actual PIN numbers from the top of the board.  Use this info to connect to the proper pins on the bottom of the board/computer and you should be good to go.  http://www.tehkella.net/retro/wp-content/uploads/2015/01/PB230053.jpg <http://www.tehkella.net/retro/wp-content/uploads/2015/01/PB230053.jpg>