[Coco] Generic VGA adapter

Steven Hirsch snhirsch at gmail.com
Mon Jan 16 17:27:02 EST 2017

On Thu, 12 Jan 2017, Paulo Garcia wrote:

> I just stumbled across this VGA adapter today:
>
> www.aliexpress.com/item/NEW-Arcade-Game-RGB-CGA-EGA-YUV-to-VGA-HD-Video-Converter-Board-HD9800-GBS8200-Hot/32747605607.html
>
> Does anyone here got it? Is it suitable for the CoCo3 or even other
> computers with RGB or component output?

That's the so-called "Jamma Board".  Despite what the documentation
indicates, it will not accept separate H/V sync in 15KHz. mode.  You'll
need to combine them to produce composite sync.  There are many ways to do
that and it's been discussed ad-infinitum on this list over the past
years.  Even if you do setup composite sync don't expect much out of it.
Might be ok for gaming, but looks awful for 80-col. text.