[Coco] HDBDOS And Word Processors

Robert Gault robert.gault at att.net
Sun Jan 15 14:49:08 EST 2017

elderpav--- via Coco wrote:
> HI all,
>
> I don't post much, but I just have this burning question...
>
> I've tried a number of non-OS9 word processors for the Coco, and I haven't found any so far that play nice with HDBDOS. Either they won't work at all, or they only support drive numbers 0-3. Do any of you know of a word processor that works best with HDBDOS and hard drives, be it virtual or physical?
>
> Thanks,
> Fred Provoncha
> Stansbury Park, UT

Based on your question, you seem to be interested in a program for Disk Basic
rather than NitrOS-9. Telewriter-128 works very nicely with RGBDOS/HDBDOS and
will access any of the 255 "drives" on a .vhd image or hard drive.
It has been patched to work with the Coco3 high res text screens.

http://www.colorcomputerarchive.com/coco/Disks/Applications/Telewriter-128%20(Computer%20Hut%20Software)%20(Coco%203).zip

Robert