[Coco] VCC & Drivewire Communications

Aaron Wolfe aawolfe at gmail.com
Wed Jan 11 09:24:23 EST 2017

On Tue, Jan 10, 2017 at 6:23 PM, William Carlin <whcarlinjr at gmail.com>
wrote:

> You can also access files from CIFS or SMB shares (Windows Shared Folders)
> using dw server list smb://server/share/file.txt > /d0/file.txt
>
> Note that all path delimiters are forward slashes (/) even if referencing
> files on Windows machines.  Also, any filename with spaces do not need to
> be double quoted.  Only one path name at a time is allowed per command.  I
> do not think you can use wildcards.  I am also not sure about providing
> authentication for ftp, http(s), or smb.

Drivewire uses the Apache Commons VFS library for it's file I/O, so the
documentation for the library should be accurate as to what works in
Drivewire.

Authentication is usually possible via somewhat normal syntax, for instance
FTP:

https://commons.apache.org/proper/commons-vfs/filesystems.html#FTP

If I recall correctly, I bastardized the syntax a little bit so that it
avoided characters OS/9 wasn't super happy dealing with, but I think most
of the protocols and syntax listed on that page should work.

-Aaron