[Coco] Trying to build new images

Bill Gunshannon bill.gunshannon at hotmail.com
Wed Jan 11 08:16:01 EST 2017

OK, next set of questions.

Is rel a module or just a program?

Why, you ask?
I saved the file used to build the boot track and ran ident
against it.  rel is listed as not a module and krn gets a bad
header message.

Looking at the source for rel it appears to have everything in
it to be a module, but I'm no expert (yet!).

Next, I tried to assemble rel.asm on my system.  It wouldn't
assemble.  Are the sources not in a format recognized by the
NitrOS9 asm command?

Would the bad header in krn cause it to not execute?

Anybody want to hazard a guess why these programs appear to be
broken?  Or, are the results from ident bogus?

Oh yeah, I tried running ident against rel and krn in other disk
images with the same results.

bill