[Coco] Trying to build new images

Bill Gunshannon bill.gunshannon at hotmail.com
Sun Jan 8 16:37:11 EST 2017

Another step further along.

As I said, after adding a bunch of entries to the bootlist
that were in the running system but missing from the default
bootlist file it stopped creating OS9Boot and created TempBoot
in the root directory.

So, I thought, bootfile too big.  So, I added the -e option to
the os9gen command. It then created an OS9Boot file in the root
directory of the new disk.  And, it goes beyond the "Nitros9 Boot"
screen.  Unfortunately it seems to display garbage (actually it
looks like a piece of the boot file as I can see strings I recognize
like "SCF") on the screen.  So, it now looks like it is not putting
stuff in the proper order.  Not sure how you control that.

This is looking more and more like building an overlayed Ultrix
kernel on a PDP-11.  :-)

bill