[Coco] Dragon64 / NitrOS9 Question

Bill Pierce ooogalapasooo at aol.com
Thu Jan 5 21:14:49 EST 2017

 Tormod, now that I have your attention...
My question was was not about any RSDOS differences, but the differences in NitrOS9 software.
In making BootMajik, I have to make a "bootlist" of every available module for each machine supported. At the moment, I plan to support:

Coco 1
Coco 2
Coco 2b
Dragon64
Tano Dragon64
Coco 3
Coco3FPGA
All of the above with 6809 & 6309 CPUs

I pretty much have the Cocos covered as I know them well. I figured I could get the module list from the Dragon64 NitrOS9 bootlists on the repo disks BUT.... those lists are useless. They reflect a Coco 2 bootlist and do not even list the modules included on the disk specifically for the Dragon64.
So, I started making a list from the actual modules included in the modules folder of the disks.... That's when I discovered all kinds of discrepencies... floppy descriptors for Coco2, but only the ddisk.dr driver, All kinds of "sc6551xxx.dd" descriptors, but no "sc6551.dr", etc. In fact, I don't think one could successfully build a boot disk with the included modules even if the bootlists were corrected.
So.. I started looking in the sources and found all the needed drivers are there, just not being included in the lists (or the makefiles).
What I need is a list of ALL NitrOS9 L1 modules that will work with a Dragon64 or Tano Dragon64.

Also, I would like to know if the RBSuper series (and others) can be used with Dragon64? Regardless of whether it's "practical" or not... They need to be included in my list if they are usable.
 These include: "RbSuper.dr", "LLTC3.dr", "LLIDE.dr", "LLSDC.dr", "rb1773.dr", "rb1773_scii_ff74.dr", "rb1773_scii_ff58.dr" "ssc.dr".
I don't really care about the incompatabilities in RSDOS use... Only if they are usable in NitrOS9.

You must understand how BootMajik will work... The user selects their NitrOS9 level, machine type, and CPU type. Once BootMajik has this info, the user selects from a catogorized list (Boot, Krn, System, SCF, Rbf, Pipe, & Clock, all based on the above selection), the proper modules they want in their system. Each module is displayed with 2-line description (when clicked or scrolled), describing what they are. From the user selection, a bootlist is compiled and a NitrOS9 boot disk can be created. The user can save their boot project and therefore build a library of various boots for various machines, levels, games etc.
In the end, I want to include ALL possibilities that the user may want. This is not a "cookie cutter" boot maker but a very versatile utility with an intuitive "point-n-click" interface and a "smart" selection system in the background.

Bill Pierce

Co-Contributor, Co-Editor for CocoPedia
http://www.tandycoco.com/forum/

E-Mail: ooogalapasooo at aol.com