[Coco] Back to the COCO

Mark Marlette mmarlette at frontiernet.net
Wed Jan 4 15:13:07 EST 2017

Dave,
As Jim has indicated the drive from the 6x09 is not very high and just the capacitance from the ribbon cable over a short distance can cause stability issues.
In other systems that use ribbon cable I am sure they have some good strong drivers.
What typically blows is when the +12V hits the NMI line, that too takes out the buffer IC which just gets replaced. That is the worst case scenario. Many times there are stuck address or data lines to 5v or gnd or just defective, that I am buffered from and just let them sit till I find it with the scope.
The +12V to NMI happens on a misalignment in the MPI to CC3.
Regards, Mark Marlette
 http://www.cloud9tech.com
mark at cloud9tech.com
mark at gamecamaddict.com