[Coco] Back to the COCO

RETRO Innovations go4retro at go4retro.com
Wed Jan 4 13:47:15 EST 2017

I think Mark's point is more direct when one considers that at least
some 6809s are soldered directly to the board.

Popping a new '09 into a socketed Coco is a minor annoyance ("Where did
I stash thoses extra '09s, anyway") or a larger irritant if you're at a
show ("Hey, cna you spare an '09 for a friend?"), but it's a major issue
if your '09 is not socketed.

Of course, the contrary in the group will counter that the non-socketed
'09 owner will have to deal with the annoyance of unsoldering now or
later, and later may never happen, which is fair, but if you run the
odds and fail, Murphy will make sure you're broken when you have no
soldering iron and no one to help.

Jim

P.S. Of course, this comes from a guy who, so far, has been too lazy to
protect his '09 on his Coco3 and regularly abuses it.