[Coco] Back to the COCO

Bill Gunshannon bill.gunshannon at hotmail.com
Wed Jan 4 14:16:43 EST 2017

On 1/4/17 1:34 PM, Mark Marlette wrote:
> Dave,
> It probably depends on what you do with your CoCo.
> I plug questionable hardware all the time into the CoCo, so peace of mind, $25 ..... yep.
> Having fixed hundreds of CoCos over the years, looks like others should have done the same! :)
> YMMV.

Mark is right, but don't think that because you are using
something commercial that all is safe. Those first two
COCO3's in my pile of three were done in by Owl Cards.
Sold to me as SCSI (and actually advertised that way in
magazines like Creative Computing) which turned out to
not only not be SCSI, but plugging a SCSI drive into them
resulted in the the COCO's demise.  Never tried to determine
why as  that pretty much coincided with my having to stop
playing with them, until now.  The only thing I can think
of that would still be of value in the Owl Cards is one of
them had an RTC but I imagine the internal battery is long
since died.

bill