[Coco] Back to the COCO

Arthur Flexser flexser at fiu.edu
Sun Jan 1 21:19:45 EST 2017

A bad CPU can be the cause of all sorts of weird problems on the CoCo,
including problems relating to floppy I/O.  I'd try replacing that, since
the chip is relatively cheap.  Unfortunately, it is soldered in, so you'd
want to install a socket.
Not too difficult if you use the destructive method of clipping the pins on
the old CPU and desoldering them one by one, rather than trying to remove
the old chip intact.

Art

On Sun, Jan 1, 2017 at 8:53 PM, Bill Gunshannon <bill.gunshannon at hotmail.com