[Coco] XED Question

Gene Heskett gheskett at shentel.net
Tue Feb 14 03:16:53 EST 2017

On Monday 13 February 2017 22:52:34 Bill Pierce via Coco wrote:

> Ed, Gen has the xed & xword docs on his site. They're in single page
> JPGs but I think it's all there. XWord uses Xed and is just an overlay
> (sorta). Here's the link
>
> http://geneslinuxbox.net:6309/gene/Genes-os9-stf/xword-docs.tar.gz

Thanks for bailing me out on that. Its been yonks since I put it up and
TBT I had forgotten it. I ought to see if I can find a utility that
could make a pdf out of it, or take it apart at the binder strip and
feed it thru my new scanner which can do duplex via its built-in ADF.
But the jpg's should print at the correct letter sized paper. I did not
have a printer that could do duplex at the time, but the original was 2
sided. It was also in color, which this is not. But that applies only to
the front cover, the floppy image part of the cover art was red. NBD.

Unpack it with tar xzf filename. Or whatever might be the equ on your os.
This is a linux house. No windows allowed on the premises unless I can
see thru them. The x tells tar to extract, the z tells it to use gunzip
to uncompress it, and the f tells tar the filename is next on the
commandline.

Cheers, Gene Heskett
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)