[Coco] Creating and loading big machine code files into RSDOS

William Astle lost at l-w.ca
Mon Feb 13 21:44:44 EST 2017

You really do want to avoid loading over Extended Basic. Depending how
far over it you go, it will crash. If you're careful, you can get away
with a small amount of overlap but it gets fiddly doing that.

I did write a "paper" on loaders some years back which might be of use
if you go that route. You can find it on my web site in the "Coco"
section under "Projects". For ease in finding it, here's a direct link
to the relevant page:

http://lost.l-w.ca/0x05/projects/coco-stuff/

In the PDF, there's an auto-executing example that loads any number of
blocks of data from the same file as the main program which would mean
you could have everything in a single file. There's also an example of
how to do a two stage load that allows you to overwrite anything though
that can get complicated.