[Coco] The Coco3FPGA - Bringing the Color Computer 3 into the new Millenium!

Nick Marentes nickma at optusnet.com.au
Wed Feb 8 16:15:26 EST 2017

On 9/02/2017 4:35 AM, RETRO Innovations wrote:
> Is there a reason no one has created a specific HW platform for the
> Coco3FPGA?  I am sure the parts are still available, and it seems like
> there is enough interest for a self contained unit that has all of the
> ports and such that are now available as "add-ons" for the DE1/DE2.
>
> Having a nicely designed platform for the implementation may even
> dismiss some of the lingering concerns about the effort (add on cards,
> not as easy to source DE1/DE2 units, etc.
>
> Jim

I've been suggesting this for ages.

Rogers NanoFPGA may be the best candidate for developing a custom stand
alone single board maybe?

The problem is that people can't stick to the basics and we start seeing
all these extra add-on contraptions which get little use, tacked on to
what should be a simple and elegant design.

Nick