[Coco] (OFF TOPIC) Sales Tax From NewEgg...

Rod Barnhart rod.barnhart at gmail.com
Thu Dec 28 18:48:52 EST 2017

Allen,

I'm a former Amazonian, so I may have a little insight into their
situation. They fought vigorously to avoid being required to collect sales
tax in states where they had no physical presence, to the point that you
could not check your email remotely if you went home to a state they didn't
already have a presence. Their fear was that an overzealous politician
would claim that as remote work, and remote work was a presence in that
state, and thus they'd be required to collect sales tax there. Of course,
they gave up that fight when they decided they wanted a presence in every
state, thus would be required to collect sales tax in any state that had it.

Rod

--
Rod Barnhart (http://www.nitemarecafe.com)