[Coco] Proposal Musing: A retro newsletter “experience”...

Allen Huffman alsplace at pobox.com
Thu Dec 28 11:23:19 EST 2017

> On Dec 28, 2017, at 10:12 AM, Bill Loguidice <bill at armchairarcade.com> wrote:
>
> I like the idea in principle, but moving that much paper around sounds like
> an expensive nightmare. I also think after several months those on the
> receiving end would start to regret having that many stacks of paper to
> store (and as someone who is in the process of liquidating most of my
> physical collection, I know I'm not keen on more physical items). I think a
> much more practical, more 21st century concept, would be to keep the core
> idea, but instead do it as monthly PDF compilations. These could still be
> (digital) archive worthy, and, if someone were so moved, they could print
> it out on their own. While you miss out on the relative nostalgia of it
> being run off on a photocopier (or even lower tech) and mailed out, almost
> everything else about the idea would be intact.

Well, the PDFs are already there :) But it’s just not the same as when a newsletter used to arrive (hmmm, I guess this is the same “real hardware” versus “emulator” concept but for printed stuff).

I used to always read the Glenside newsletter when it was paper, but now that I have to go download it, it always seems to get forgotten.

		— A