[Coco] 512K AND Beyond??? How FAR Beyond???

Stephen H. Fischer sfischer1 at mindspring.com
Wed Dec 27 02:19:35 EST 2017

I have one of Tony's 2 Meg CoCo 3 memory upgrades.

I used it only from OS-9 but I have one CoCo3 DECB program that allowed
Strings to be placed in the second bank and sorted. The subroutines could be
used in other programs. Docks are in the DECB manual for the CoCo3. PM for
source.
-----------------------------------
I did load all of the "C" compiler into memory, the source into a ram disk
and with 2-3 windows on the same screen at the same time, It was a beautiful
"C" software development system. My Colorful SLED ED6 editor could use 40x12
size windows.

A eight (8) Meg upgrade was made, I think only 2-3 persons had it besides
the developer. The docs are available, PM me if you are interested. I do not
post links to a certain CoCo file location.

More than 2 megs you cannot use from DECB effectually the CPU is just too
slow.

These days, if you are not stuck with using real hardware, the emulators are
so much better. VCC I think does go to eight (8) megs.

1-2 meg upgrades would be very rarely used.

SHF