[Coco] 512K AND Beyond??? How FAR Beyond???

Joe Schutts j_schutts at yahoo.com
Wed Dec 27 00:23:47 EST 2017

Hi Everyone,
I have 3 quick questions that I hope the TECHie people (like Ed Zipster and some of the others) can probably answer.
The original CoCo 3 came with 128k and then there was the upgrade to 512k. Then someone else (I think it was Disto??) made a 1 Meg upgrade and someone else either built (or designed and did/didn't build) a 2 Meg upgrade. I seem to remember reading an article about it somewhere, but I could be wrong. My question is WHY hasn't someone else like Ed (or even somebody else) built a 1 OR 2 Meg upgrade kit for sale??? To me, this would make an excellent upgrade.

Another related question. If you have a 1 or 2 Meg system, is that memory even accessible from Basic or does accessing it require OS-9 only (or NitroOS-9)???
Last question. Is it possible to access even more memory (higher than 2 Meg) with a CoCo 3 and if so WHY hasn't someone built (or even designed) a board and sell it here??? You listening Ed??? Just kidding...
Thanks Everyone...
Joe...
P.S. I hope everyone had a Merry Christmas and an even happier New Years Eve...