[Coco] Look over my shoulder

Mark D. Overholser marko555.os2 at gmail.com
Wed Dec 13 11:32:24 EST 2017

On 12-Dec-17 19:01, Rick Adams wrote:
> After my last game, Bomb Threat (http://rickadams.org/bombthreat), I'm
> just starting work on a new game, for which I haven't decided a name yet.
>
> Because it's something I've always wanted to try, I am experimenting
> with putting the beginnings of the coding of the game onto github at
> https://github.com/yggdrasilradio/coco3example and letting people look
> at it if they want.  Eventually I will draw the curtain closed as the
> game gets to a certain point, but for now I don't mind people picking
> through my code to help them learn 6809 assembler, or just for
> curiosity's sake.

Thank You Rick...   Seeing the Process your going through for developing
a CoCo 3 Game is very "enlightening"...

> Mind you, it's probably not the BEST code... the last time I wrote 6809
> assembler code on a regular basis was mumble mumble years ago, but I get
> by.

Hey..  Real Artists, Ship....
<https://www.folklore.org/StoryView.py?project=Macintosh&story=Real_Artists_Ship.txt>

> The program currently displays text in multiple windows, in a 5x5 font
> that requires a display capable of 80 columns.  This is actually a worry
> of mine, in that this might unduly limit the potential audience of the
> game; could it be that not many people have that muscular of a system?

Just to Clarify...
Your Code is Built under Linux with LWTOOLS and then Pulled to the CoCo
3 over DriverWire, which the DriveWire Server is running on the Linux
System your building on??

I am setting up a Build Environment to try this myself..

MarkO