[Coco] My System's

Steve Pedersen 666jacktheknife666 at gmail.com
Sat Dec 2 19:03:34 EST 2017

My CoCo systems to date.

#1 a coco 1 mod ecb and 64k.
(Gifted to me Thank you, Such a nice thing to do for a stranger)

#2 CoCo 2 64k melted keyboard , MPI (White fat one that I can just drop the
pal chips into), It included The big grey paint pad or drawing tablet, also
got some cassett tapes and what looks like a micro com modem. Really damed
expencive but this was the only way I could find to get an mpi. shipped to
me for 260.00

#3 CoCo 3 128k Haven't recieved this yet but Is on it's way 190.00 shipped
to me. Pretty stoked about this I made a 150.00 offer and he took it.

Exp cards
2 sdc, coco flash/orch 90 , ps2 keyboard adapter, Psg chiptunes card,
glenside IDE (haven't received this yet) 2 cf/ide adapters(not yet received
but shipped)
Need to buy a set of pal chips for my mpi Does anyone make a board that
will switch in and out the old and the new pal chips on the mpi I am bumed
that my mpi will have to be perm modified to work on the CC3..

Want to buy
VGA solution for the CC1 and my CC3, The Gimi X, board and the CoCo mem and
coco mem Jr when they become available.

Things I still need to do, sort out my power supply issues and find a
monitor that I like.

On the face of it this was a foolish thing I have done, I could have for
the same amount of money purchased something like 6 rasberry pi 3 computers
or  complete setups of the FPGA coco projects. So why didn't I a few
reasons
I have come to loath modern computing with so much malware, tracking of
every mouse click and the toxic constant advertising ect , I want a
computer that is truely "Mine".
The nostalgia factor, when I was an active coco user I was young and the
world had not beat the snot out of me yet I want to relive / retrieve
something of that time of my life.
relearning my coco skills will be so much fun.
Real hardware will allow me to build and tinker with interfacing to the
outside world.
All of the fpga coco projects have no external buss for doing such things.

An open Plea to to fabulous Retro hardware manufactures, products to
consider producing.

Revised ps2 keyboard adapter to include. bluetooth  keyboards.
a replacement keyboard that I could populate with standard key switches and
caps heck this could be a combination product using something like a tincy
micro controller to not only handle keyboard matrix translation but also
bluetooth and ps2 input.
A true high speed serial board with hardware flow control Bonus for
awesomeness would include a header for the esp8266.
An eithernet 10 base T , wifi and bluetooth networking card.
(Honestly I don't know if there is a wifi mode slow enough to allow a coco
to keep up)
(There is a full TCPIP stack that only take's up about 4k of ram I think
this has already been somewhat ported to fuzix. If this stack could be
ported to OS9 It would rock the OS9 world )
A beast of an mpi replacement 8-16 slots (I believe 16 is the max the logic
would allow)
A scsi interface card  I know these have been produced before so they could
be produced again OS9 file system paradise.

Speaking for my self all of the above would be total got to have products
for me.

Folks I you have made it through all my verbal diarrhea of this post I have
a couple of question for you, What pie in the sky hardware products would
you like to see produced ? Would any of what I have described be of
interest to you?

With all sincerity I wish all you on the list the very best to you and
yours.
Steve.