[Coco] Booting OS9 on my CoCo 3

Tormod Volden lists.tormod at gmail.com
Wed Aug 9 09:43:56 EDT 2017

On Wed, Aug 9, 2017 at 8:20 AM, Bill Pierce via Coco wrote:
> Dave dw4dos IS THE WRONG FILE!!!
> Use dw3dos.
> dw4dos was experimental for using 230k baud and will not work with NitrOS9. In fact, do not use ANYTHING from SF labeled dw4*** as it will NOT work. Always use dw3***.
> These need to be renamed as people think that one is for DW3 and the other is for DW4 which is NOT the case. The dw3*** files work for both.

Thanks Bill, that's why I told him to use dw3dos* :)

> The same goes for hdbdw4***, you must use hdbdw3***

In the upcoming release of Toolshed 2.2, we will simply not build the
dw4* variants by default, and not include them in the prebuilt
packages. They are only a "make" away from those who want to use them.
The turbo mode actually works fairly well with HDBDOS in my
experience.

Tormod