[Coco] ESP8266 BBS setup

Ken Flanagan kflan at selonia.com
Tue Aug 1 14:14:51 EDT 2017

On Aug 1, 2017 10:11 AM, "Bill Nobel" <b_nobel at hotmail.com> wrote:

You are correct.  RiBBS is a OS-9 based system.  Charles West was the
original author of RiBBS and later on Wes Gale got involved.  At the time
that’s when Wes got a hold of me at the time to help clean up some of the
FidoNet stuff as we were the only people in Canada that had a system
running at the time.  We ended up having some of the source but not all.
There is a video Boisy Pitre posted a while ago from the PNW_1992 fest that
Wes and myself did a presentation about FidoNet & Echomail.  It’s up in the
youtube realm somewhere

I was also one of the Canadian RiBBS sysops. 1:153/617 from May 24, 1991.
It became 1:359/617 three months later because the Prince George, BC area
had so many Fido boards and we had a brave soul to take on NC duties. My
board stayed up for about 5 years. I'm in the process of setting up a BBS
again (using Synchronet).  Saddened at the lack of Fido groups though.