[Coco] CocoNIC

Brett Gordon beretta42 at gmail.com
Thu Sep 15 15:17:30 EDT 2016

contiki's uIP stack (in C) would be a wee hard to fit into an 16K rom.  I'm
pretty sure our old BASIC and Nitros need tons of (design) work done to
make use of the NIC.  Standalone apps are in better shape to use the stack
than our current OS'es, barring Fuzix, of course.

I do agree, though, that a pxe boot would be neat- and should be just about
doable in 8k if the tcpip stack was in assembler.

brett