[Coco] Early CoCo Floppy Drives with Big Door Latch ReleaseLever

Sun Sep 4 00:11:59 EDT 2016

----- Original Message -----
From: "George Ramsower" <georgera at gvtc.com>
To: "CoCoList for Color Computer Enthusiasts" <coco at maltedmedia.com>
Sent: Saturday, September 03, 2016 8:40 PM
Subject: Re: [Coco] Early CoCo Floppy Drives with Big Door Latch ReleaseLever

>  Back then, I began with those old drives. When I went to OS9, I began
> playing with 40 track and double sided. The drives I had would NOT do
> double sided and I couldn't get but a couple more tracks from them.
> Finally, I got some drives that would work as DS 80Track and I was a
> happy camper after that. Those were the good old days of early computing.
>
>  I loved those days and I DON'T miss them a bit
>
> George R.

Same here, I later installed a 720K 3.5" drive in place of one of the two TEAC 80T 2S 5-1/4" drives plus a switch to swap the two between "/D0" and "/D1" and was a happy camper. Then I installed a Hard Drive and things went downhill fast. I first had to drive over the hill to Seagate from Silicon Valley to get them to reload the firmware that would work with  256 byte sectors that OS-9 needed.

SHF