[Coco] MPI and NitrOS-9

Barry Nelson barry.nelson at amobiledevice.com
Thu Oct 20 15:01:07 EDT 2016

You don’t need to “merge” them. All you need is a cable that allows you to connect both sets of drives to one controller, and set the drive ids to different numbers. You could even leave the ids set as they are if someone can make a custom cable for you. There are a few companies that make custom cables.

You also could use both controllers but I think you may need to patch the NitrOS9 disk driver. If it works at all like the original CC3Disk OS9 driver, it stores a hex $33 in $FF7F before accessing the controller. You would need to patch that byte to change the slot used for the floppy controller.