[Coco] reset behavior suggestions?

RETRO Innovations go4retro at go4retro.com
Sun Nov 13 22:57:17 EST 2016

On 11/13/2016 6:50 PM, John R. Hogerhuis wrote:
> Generally yeah but since the whole thing is flash based you don't need an
> EEPROM to store history. Just reserve a flash sector for settings and/or
> "most recent selections".
>
> The trick with flash is it has limited erase cycles so it's nice to "always
> append" and only erase when the sector is full. But technically that may
> not be necessary since although limited the number of erase cycles is
> pretty high in modern flash.
>
> -- John.

That indeed will work, but then you don't know if the user wanted to go
back to the game/util/app, or they want to go to the main menu. You'd
need to hold a button or a key to go to main menu, or you need to hold a
button or key to go to the game

I also hate to waste EEPROM or FLASH for such a use.

Jim

www.go4retro.com
store.go4retro.com