[Coco] POKE for WIDTH 80 ?

tim lindner tlindner at macmess.org
Sat Nov 5 14:22:05 EDT 2016

On Sat, Nov 5, 2016 at 10:58 AM, Stephen Pereira
<spereira1952 at comcast.net> wrote:
> I’ve been pouring through the “500 PEEKS, POKES and EXECS,” but I’ve not been able to find if there is a POKE that works the same as the WIDTH 80 command.  Does anyone know if there is such a POKE?  If so, what is it, please, and also the opposite POKE to get back to “normal” WIDTH 32.

That book was written before the CoCo 3 was released. I know of no
POKE to do it, but...

I just looked in "Super Extended Color BAISC Unravelled".

I searched for "WIDTH". I found a subroutine at $F679 that sets 80 column mode

One at $F65C that sets 40 column mode.

And one at $F652 that sets 32 column mode.

All three of these routines finish with an RTS instruction. I believe
that makes them safe to use EXEC (from BASIC) with.

tim lindner

"Proper User Policy apparently means Simon Says."