[Coco] Looking for Glenside IDE Controller documentation

Bill Pierce ooogalapasooo at aol.com
Tue May 24 11:16:21 EDT 2016

Ron, I have sent an email to Brian Goers who is heading up the Glenside IDE project. He posted a while back that a new setup disk and documentation was available, but never posted any links. I think he's been busy with other stuff and hasn't been monitoring the list much lately so he probably didn't see your request. Maybe he'll get back to me soon. I have a Glenside IDE and would like the new disk and docs as well.

BTW, yes, there's a jumper to select between xFF50 and xFF70 range to avoid conflicts with other carts. I use mine with an MPI and FD-502 controller and it works well (along with MIDIpak & Orch90 carts).

The setup disk "should" help in setting up the drivers/descriptors as well as partitions. The old software did this but was out of date and didn't match the new SuperDriver for NitrOS9. I had to modify my descriptors manually to get them to work. From what I read, this has been resolved and the new setup software should be NitrOS9 3.3.0 compatible.

The cool thing about the Glenside IDE are the 2 headers on the board for plugging in 2 carts. This was including as extra and may or may not be on your board. The holes for the headers are present, but the header connectors themselves were optional. Mine can with one installed and the second blank so I can plug the IDE board into a Coco with no MPI and also plug a disk controller into the board :-)

Bill Pierce

Co-Contributor, Co-Editor for CocoPedia
http://www.tandycoco.com/forum/

E-Mail: ooogalapasooo at aol.com